The Healthy Network
Limber up and get ready to make a difference for Little Heroes Foundation in The Healthy Network.
John Purl from Affinitas Capital is bringing together like-minded professionals to highlight the importance of Health & Wellness and the alignment with career success.
Not enough of us take time to move and train, which affects more than our physical appearance. Every Wednesday, we will bring like-minded professionals together for an hour of fitness. Each week, certified Personal Trainers will put us through our paces in the always beautiful setting of Unley Oval.
Join us to get moving, get active and network with other professionals.
Cost is $10 per session, no booking required!
Part proceeds will support the work done by the Little Heroes Foundation.
When: Wednesday Mornings, 6:30am
Where: Trimmer Terrace, Unley SA 5061, Australia
About Little Heroes Foundation
Our vision is to fulfill the unmet needs of seriously ill children and their families, to ensure they have access to the very best case, regardless of how rare their diagnosis is.
To do this, we work closely with like-minded charities and medical institutions to achieve this vision, and to offer support servics to seriously ill children and their families based in South Australiand and the Northern Territory.
We have raised close to $20million in 20 years to provide essential equipment and services at the Women's and Children's Hospital (WCH), including:
$1.5 for the world class 'Centre for Robotics and Innovation'
$2 million towards the Micahel Rice Centre for Haematology and Oncology
$3 million for two new MRI Machines and an ambient lighting package
$1.5 million for the Playdeck and adjoining cafe
$1 million for the state-of-the-art endoscopic operating theatre
On top of this, the funds that we raise also support our Little Heroes Care Program, which provides ongoing support services including
- Financial assistance
- Therapies and equipment for children and families being cared for by the Paediatric Palliative Care Service at the WCH
- Car parking close to the hospital
- Hospital PJ's especailly designed for easy access to ports and lines
- Home cleaning services
- In-home nursing for children with Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Fuel cards and petrol vouchers
- Play equipment for children with critically low immune systems through our Alex's Playground initiative
- Education and Tuition support through Feegrade Educational Consultancy
- Growing Up Smiling Dental Program through North Adelaide Dental Care
- Fun events throughout the year including Freedom Flights at Goolwa and our annual Kids Christmas Party
We rely on the generosity of others to be able to provide these services, and funds raised through events like The Healthy Network are crucial to our success. Please give generously to this ongoing fundraiser, by making a donation via the button above, or by joining in the fun every Wednesday!